Where is SharePoint TECHFEST taking place?
SharePoint TECHFEST will be held at the
Irving Convention Center
500 Las Colinas Blvd W
Irving, TX 75039
I’m a confirmed speaker, where can I find information on the next steps, my deliverables and creating a successful event?
Welcome aboard! We are thrilled to have you. Our new Speaker Resource Center can answer all of your questions. You should have received a welcome letter with details on how to login and access your information. If you have not received it, please email JoAnna for your log-in credentials. We look forward to having a great event with you.
I’m interested in submitting a speaking proposal for this year’s event. How do I do that?
Email JoAnna your proposal (see below for guidelines) and our council of area CIO and Technology Directors will review and determine appropriate fit for our conference.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Here are a few guidelines for your submission:
- You may submit a maximum of two proposals as the only or primary presenter per conference. SharePoint TechFest may or may not ask for additional participation on panels if deemed necessary
- Proposals must be in English only, please
- Proposals should describe your original work.
- Be sure to include all components below. Be sure to review for accuracy, clarity and to follow the guidelines. If selected, your proposal will be used in conference publications.
- All proposals must be non-sales or marketing orientated.
- Case studies are greatly encouraged.
- Generally, SharePoint TechFest does not pay per diem, honoraria, or expenses. We do offer complimentary admission to our speakers as a thank you.
- There are no fees required to submit a proposal.
- Your proposal will be rejected if all steps of the proposal submission process are not completed.
Please be sure to proof-read your proposal prior to sending, if your proposal is selected this information will be used on our website and for on-site publications.
In a Microsoft Word document, Please provide the following information:
- Session Title – The title of your session.
- Subject Matter – Indicate the subject area that the proposal will address.
- Presenter Information – Contact information and bio of all session presenters.
- Education Level – Indicate the educational level of the presentation (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Session Length – Generally, our sessions are 50 minutes in length. In rare cases, special accommodations can be arranged.
- Summary – 2-4 sentences that describe the presentation content. This will be used in the final program guide to attract attendees.
- Abstract – In 100 words or less, describe the theme and purpose of this presentation. One descriptive paragraph on the presentation that details the benefits of the session. If your proposal is selected, the information you provide will be the basis for conference publicity. Be sure to focus on what attendees will gain from attending your session. What they will be able to take away. Text may be edited for use in conference materials.
- Equipment – Our conference rooms come equipped with projector, screen and microphone. If selected, you are responsible for bringing your presentation pre-loaded onto a laptop. If special equipment is needed, please indicate that here. We do not guarantee this request will be accommodated.